How to get started with Shelly x Amazon Alexa?
- Step 1: Download the Shelly Cloud application from your app store and add your Shelly devices following the inclusion steps in the user manual.
- Step 2: Open your Alexa app and go to the skills tab.
- Step 3: Then in the search field, type “Shelly Cloud”, click on it, and press “Enable to use”.
- Step 4: When the "Enable to use" button is clicked, Alexa opens the "my.shelly.cloud" - login page.
- Step 5: Log in to your account and the “Discovery device” process will start. You will see an “Alexa is looking for devices" message.
- Step 6: When the “Discover devices” process ends, you will see a message with information on how many new devices have been found. Then, all your Alexa-enabled devices will be ready to control your Shelly devices.
You may need to rename your devices in the Shelly app for Alexa to recognize them more easily. To obtain better control performance, please specify a clear one-word name for each device in the Shelly Cloud application like “Light”, “Blinds”, “Iron” and so on. Please note that there is a limit of 3 notifications per account.